How do I grow an audience? Honestly, I want to say that I post consistently and that they're recent books or soon to be released.
But the secret lies in giveaways half the time. Or, rather, the giveaways are lures, but it's the consistency that's the hook.
Giveaway Hops guys. Always go with the Giveaway Hops!
And how do I keep blogging fun? By knowing that I'm helping a favorite author help spread the word, or helping out a friend. And getting to recommend books? That's absolutely the best. I love it when someone tells me they bought a book because of my review. And my negative reviews? I hate reading bad books and, no matter how guilty I feel, I'll post my review and hope that I help someone find a better book instead of this.
Plus, the people are definitely a giant help. Twitter is my <3
As for YA? I read YA because it's so easy to connect to the characters as a teen myself. But I know I'm going to keep reading it. It has the perfect amount of romance, of action, of characters, of everything. And the books I think should be on every kid's shelf?
MG
ANY BOOK BY SHARON CREECH
The Percy Jackson Series!
Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger!
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Neilson
YA
THE IRON FEY SERIES
Splintered by A.G. Howard
Venom by Fiona Paul
If I Lie by Cory Jackson
In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Stolen by Lucy Christopher
And ermm...yeah. YA list is WAY longer than MG list.
I LOVE Sharon Creech!! She was my idol growing up! And Walk Two Moons was my fav. book by her, because the girl had super long hair on the cover, and then I connected alot with her, since I used to have hair down to my waist(idk). As for the other books, I agree!( But I haven't read If I Lie, Stolen, Before I fall, and Send Me A Sign.) And omg, TFiOS turned out to be such an emotional read, even though I KNEW it was coming.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! and I'm looking forward to read the iron fey series XD
ReplyDeleteYou have a nice list of MG and YA. With the BEA, my book shelf is going to be bursting at the seams!!
ReplyDeleteI don't read MG but that's a great list of YA books!
ReplyDelete