Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Goodreads Blurb
The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind. 
Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look. 
But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

I was a little bit wary jumping into Crash Into You. Of course I loved Pushing the Limits--I just wasn't the biggest fan of Dare You To. But then I realized I just didn't like it, mainly because I hated Beth for both being bitchy to Echo and hurting Isaiah.

ISAIAH!

I have now decided to start my review with Isaiah. Because he is, quite honestly, my favorite of all the guys in this series. I honestly don't think anyone pulls off that tough-but-secretly-sweet persona as wonderfully as Isaiah because he's just so...absolutely...broken. I've been in love with him since PTL, and after we see him over and over, even more hurt and destroyed than before...it practically killed me. And then I sort of fell in love with him even more throughout this book. How was that even possible?

And Rachel. Rachel! I loved that girl! She made my heart hurt, guys. She tried to be the perfect daughter for her family, she tried to remodel herself after her dead sister for her mom who wants her to be Colleen's replacement, but she was practically smothering herself, trying to be someone who was her opposite. And it hurt that it seemed like everyone in her family just encouraged her to keep a smile on her mom's face, damn the consequences. I can't even imagine how that would feel.
But she was still sweet. And she was strong in a different sort of way. She was perfect for Isaiah and I just loved how they acted around each other.

Yes, the romance was insta lovey. But it worked! Their chemistry was a steady burn that was enchanting and the way they balanced each out was wonderful. Rachel pulled Isaiah from the brink and Isaiah helped Rachel be herself--it was beautiful and their relationship just seemed so heartfelt that I couldn't help but adore.

But the best thing about this book was that it wasn't purely a romance. There was a thrilling feel to it as they raced against a clock to pay back a certain not-so-friendly friend. I didn't really know how it'd play out, but I definitely wasn't expecting the end! (I think I almost died at the end). Also, Katie McGarry is either a genius with cars or she did some hardcore research. Or I'm just an idiot when if comes to cars.

And all our characters are back! Our wily old counselor, Noah, Echo, Beth, Ryan, Logan (and he plays a rather large role too.) all made an appearance and I couldn't help but love it. I may have warmed up to Beth too, which is sort of surprising.
New characters are introduced too though, and I think Abby is my abortive secondary character ever. Do we get a spin off on her too? She's sarcastic and surprisingly kind, despite her tough shell, which I guess isn't surprised since she grew up in an environment possibly worse than Isaiah. But you can't help but love her--pretty much like everything else in the book!

Crash Into You was an enthralling read that I managed to finish in a day! It didn't disappoint and it's definitely my favorite of all the books. So all I can say? Read it. 

Pages: 474
Genre: Contemporary
Series: Pushing the Limits #3
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: Nov 26, 2013
Rating: 4 stars



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this one! I also have it for review and am excited to get into it. It's great that all the old characters make an appearance in this one. Glad to hear the romance worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great review! This is one book I can't wait to read. It sounds very intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this one and I am excited to finally be able to read it. I haven't read Dare You To yet, but that's because I don't have it yet and it still wasn't at my library last time I checked. I also love when a blogger says they were surprised by an ending, it makes me even more excited to read it! Great review!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all! I'd love to hear what you think, even if they're lies saying that my reviews are fantastic. I take flattery in all forms ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...