Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don’t kill him first, that is
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don’t kill him first, that is
Okay, turns out I actually hate this. Forget what I said before. The paranormal thing just seemed to be thrown in to make it more mainstream and the writing was awkward. The plot went really nowhere and it had way too many similarities to Twilight.
Pages: 299
Series: Lux #1
Genre: Sci-fi/romance
Rating: 2 stars

I just read Obsidian a little while ago and I loved it! I'm glad you liked it too. Great review! (:
ReplyDeleteObsidian is amazing!! Great review and nice choice of quote from it :)
ReplyDeleteOMG! I loved this book! Anyone who hasn't read it... better go get it now. It is actually one of my favorite YA books right now. I absolutely CANNOT wait for Onyx! I've pre-ordered and everything, and August is not too far away! It totally deserves all five of these fireworks!!Thanks for the review!!! :D
ReplyDeleteAlyssa Susanna <3
I have yet to take a chance on J.L.A. Even with all of the amazing reviews out there for all of her books. I think it has to do with not wanting to be let down after getting my hopes up from so many 5 star reviews. I finally broke down and bought Half-Blood. We will see how that goes and then try Obsidian. Thanks for your review!
ReplyDeleteI really loved this book (and series so far too)! Jennifer is a great writer and has some steamy scenes:p I just started Opal and can't wait to see what happens next! Thanks for your thoughts!
ReplyDelete