Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Random Musings

TOPIC OF THE DAY-
Plagiarism.

We all know how wrong this is. I mean, with all the drama early last year (we all know it. I won't bother mentioning it!) I thought people'd finally learned a lesson...and then, this tweet pops up on my Twitter Timeline where one of my friends, Annabelle @ Sparkles and Lightning says that she's been plagiarized!

This is not okay. And I'm saying this to all of plagiarism.

No! Don't worry, it's not a giant blogger. I won't link to the website (though you probably will find it since a bunch of us are talking about this today, including Annabelle) since what she did is wrong, but I feel that doing that is like bullying. I'm not saying it is! But I've never been one to make someone feel bad--even when she really really REALLY should.

Because this blogger plagiarized at LEAST 2 of my favorite blogs: Sparkles and Lightning and Mundie Moms.

*listens to Eileen while typing this*

This just in, the plagiarizer just took down all plagiarized reviews.
But I'm still going to write this! Because honestly? Plagiarism is completely wrong and a bit pitiful. It's like saying you're not creative enough to come up with something on your own, so you have to take from others. And I'm just saying, plagiarism is always going to be found if someone does it. there are a thousand people in the blogosphere and they're going to one day stumble across some plagiarized work and they're going to recognize it. The fact that people think they can get away with it makes me want to slap them.

The fact that they did it makes me want to punch them.

It's SO NOT FAIR TO THE BLOGGERS WHO ACTUALLY WROTE THE REVIEWS.

Lesson? DON'T PLAGIARIZE. ITS WRONG. AND WE WILL FIND OUT. BECAUSE WE'RE EACH OTHERS' EYES AND EARS SO WE'LL KNOW IN 5 MINUTES OF DISCOVERY.

I just don't get the reason for this. If it was for the free books? Oh man, that is the WORST REASON EVER.

Rant OVER. I promise this time.

EDIT: THAT IS A LIE. I'm sorry! But update: we got an email from the coblogger of the plagiarizer and it wasn't apologetic AT ALL. I swear...it was all "You ruined my first 5 months of blogging" "I'm so awesome" "I forgive you in advance" ACK. WHAT IS THIS.

Other protesters:
http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.auntiespinellireads.com/
http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/
http://sparkles-and-lightning.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. UGH! Plagiarism is so lame. The whole point of blogging is to share YOUR thoughts and get YOUR ideas out there. What the hell is the point in stealing someone else's content? To get numbers? To get people who follow you? But then they're not even following you because they like YOUR work. They're following you because they like someone else's work. Where's the joy or pride in that?? And if it is for the free books... then wow... that is just so pathetic.

    Very disappointing..

    BTW your links to the other protesters are not working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, dude!! WTF? How is it that calling her out for stealing other people's stuff is ruining her blog!! I think that she is selfish, and thoughtless. I was pissed when I found out that Annabelle was plagiarized, but when Annabelle sent me an email letting me know that I was too, I literally felt so violated. I am so mad for everyone who was affected and I am glad that I have not been in contact with the plagiarizer because at this point I don't think I would be very nice about it. It makes me so angry that she is playing the victim. Thank you for doing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole situation has been on great big sticky mess that needed to heard. I'm so glad you brought up the "no bullying" aspect. That's how I feel. I really hate plagiarism and I am all for standing up about it, but I really hat condemning particular people about it. Great post Nikki. It's straightforward in a good way.

    Xoxo, Inky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't find a single reason for it myself. Free books? No, I don't think that would be it, because they are apparently not reading them anyway. Thanks for talking about this. It is an unpleasant subject, but we need to keep talking about it and to make sure that everyone knows, like you said, that we are each others eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome all! I'd love to hear what you think, even if they're lies saying that my reviews are fantastic. I take flattery in all forms ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...